Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cha-Ching!

Brandon and I had a great get-away this past Sunday until today. Grandma Glass came up north to stay with the girls while Brandon and I headed to Turtle Creek for two nights. It has been a year since we have gone away for more than a night, so we were looking forward to spending time together. We decided to stay at Turtle Creek Casino for the entertainment aspect and also because of the rooms, very, very nice and reasonable. I would recommend staying at the hotel to anyone. Before we left on our get-away my mom gave both Brandon and I 20 bucks to gamble with, and she told Brandon "You MUST spend this". For most of you who know B, he does not like to part with his money, unless it's for hunting, and even that can take some persuasion (but somehow Marty has seemed to master this with B, but that's another story)! Anyway, my mom made it clear that I was to make sure he gambled this money. About 7 or 8 years ago we were in Detroit on New Year's at Greektown Casino. My mom gave B, Gari Lee and I money to gamble with, and B thought "Why gamble with it, it's 20 bucks I never had", my mom found out he didn't spend the money and to this day we continue to joke about it! So our first night at Turtle Creek we went down to check out the casino and we were trying to find the old-school slots, not the crazy play 30 line machines. We found few Wheel of Fortune machines and Brandon sat down at one because he wanted to get "just one spin on the wheel". He starts playing and hits for 400 bucks!!!!! He was crazy excited and it was fun to watch him. He called my mom and asked if he could have another 20 on her since he did so well with the first! Of course he's not sure what he's going to do with his winnings yet, likely buy hunting stuff. So this morning after we checked out of our room, we headed back down to the casino, B wanted to try 10 more bucks in a machine. We headed back to the Wheel of Fortune machines, and I sat down and put 20 in the machine next to him and I slowly gained credits. I was up 140 bucks and got a spin on the wheel, and hit for another 250 bucks!!! So all in all I walked out with 350, B with 400!!! We were very happy with our profitable weekend, and I suppose the time we spent together was pretty great too!!!!!!!

No comments: