Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Deer season

I will have to admit I was almost to the point of giving up on rifle season all together. Archery season is my favorite time of year. I have not had any luck in rifle season since 2001 and that was my last shot and deer taken with a rifle. Well that has changed. I hunted this weekend through Monday morning. The plan was to hunt only a few hours on Monday then get back home to Emmy and the girls. I was pretty deterred only seeing a few deer the previous two long days of hunting. So Monday morning came and I had cut my time even more thinking I would only hunt two hours pack up and call it another year with a rifle. Needless to say as you can see by the pictures Monday did not go how I thought it was going to. At about 7:30 this guy got by me once without giving me a shot but he had something else on his mind. He started chasing a doe, and tried to pass by me for a second time which was his last mistake. This is my biggest buck to date and a very large deer for the area I hunt. I think that I will have to give rifle season a few more chances over the next few years. ( I have also take one doe as well in archery season so far this year)

Hopefully she will be my hunting partner in the future.

Maybe with out the teddy bear.

I just thought this angle made him look big.

I could have used Cadence when I had to drag him out of the swamp.

3 comments:

Nethercots said...

Wow...that IS a big deer! Are you trying to imply girls with teddy bears don't deer hunt? Oh...she'll show YOU!

pjgb said...

Oh now you're just showing off....
It is a nice deer though. Couldn't believe how calm you were about it though. I think maybe teddy bear might help Cadence in the woods, you never know.
Congrates again

Our Family Blog said...

Nice one Brandon!!! Congrats on getting him. Did he really not give you a shot the first time or did you have "buck fever" so bad you couldn't hold the gun straight :) Either way, you got him!