Monday, April 21, 2008

Planting Season

For all of you who do not live up here in God's country you may have a different idea of what planting season is right now. Our gardens and flower beds are not yet on our to do list. We still have snow piles and some wooded areas are not fully rid of their snow yet. So planting season for us northern folks has a different meaning. This is the time of year when I travel around the state "planting" fish into Michigan's many lakes and rivers. It is roughly a six week ordeal for us. Some of the pictures show a little bit of what is involved. I do have to admit I may becoming a local celebrity with having my picture in a couple of the papers up here so far. What can I say I have a face that people love (no comments please). I would also like to take the time and thank our family, friends and co-workers who have or may be helping up out with the girls during this time. My schedule this time of year is less flexible and can include late nights or spending the night away from home.

1 comment:

Nethercots said...

Hey! This is exactly the type of stuff I LOVE to see on here! I really had no clue what (exactly) you do...although you've explained it before, it really is cool to see some pics!

Congrats on the celeb. status. Hope the family can keep up :)

Take care, I'm really glad you guys are blogging!